Regular readers will know of my love of wonton soup, especially my Mum’s wonton soup. It’s simply the best and one of two of my favourite meals. In March, Yummy Lummy was featured in the Good Food and Wine Guide. I mentioned that Mum’s wonton soup was one of my favourite meals. In that article you’ll see a picture of Mum’s dish.
Since I’m taking a low carbohydrate approach to weight loss and health improvement, the wonton wrappers are not really suitable. That doesn’t mean the filling can’t be prepared and cooked like meatballs in a thin broth.
Nude wonton soup
- Pork mince, make sure it has a reasonable amount of fat otherwise it will taste unpleasant, about 500 g
- Raw prawns between 250 and 500 g. Peel and remove intestine. Cut longitudinally and then roughly dice.
- Soy, a good splash to taste
- Sesame oil, be generous
- Sugar 2 teaspoons (I used a tiny bit of palm sugar)
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Pepper both white and black
- Scotch whisky about third of a cup
- Cornflour about 2 tablespoons (I used 1 dessert spoon)
- Egg, one or two
- Spring onions
- Water chestnuts, chopped roughly
- Slap the pork into a bowl a few times (my Mum reckons this makes a difference)
- Combine everything (including the whisky) and slap around again (again Mum reckons this is helpful)
- Shape into balls
- Prepare a stock, preferably with pork bones, e.g., ribs and green Asian vegetables, preferably nice melons
- Cook for about five minutes per batch
- Serve with some of the stock in a bowl
- Serve with Chilli sauce and soy
- Capture lots of images
- Eat with a big smile on your face
- Do the dishes
- Write a blog post
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.
Please like the Yummy Lummy Facebook page
Please follow me on Instagram
Hope you have a great weekend and eat YUMMY
I also ate some fun food (or rude food) earlier today