Regular readers and people who follow me on Instagram will know of my shelf of shame and the deep affection I have for canned hashed corned beef which I usually fry and flavour with curry powder. This morning breakfast and lunch contained corned beef. If you look through the food photography page you’ll come across many examples of corned beef as a base to a meal.
Hashed corned beef recipes
- A tin of corned beef
- Curry powder
- ± onions
- freshly cracked pepper
- ± sesame seeds
- Worcestershire sauce
- ± fried egg
- ± fresh basil
- ± cream cheese
- In a thick based fry pan set at medium heat I push out the corned beef with a little oil and fry slowly and gently until it falls apart.
- Add some curry powder and the Worcestershire sauce. If you’re not going low carbohydrate you can also fry off some onions and add them. The corned beef goes nicely with caramelised onions.
- If you want to add some sesame seeds, freshly cracked pepper and dried mixed herbs.
- You want to cook the corned beef until it starts to caramelise on the bottom so it has a slightly crunchy feel/texture. That’s when you can stop.
Serve it up
- You can serve it with a fried egg like I did for breakfast or you can do whatever you want with it. For lunch today I added some basil and creamed cheese. If I’d added some tomato I’d have had the Italian flag and pizza sans bread.
Use your imagination. Don’t add salt. Enjoy a good old fashioned easy meal.
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.
Please like the Yummy Lummy Facebook page
Please follow me on Instagram
Hope you have a great weekend and eat YUMMY