Last week I decided to take a couple of days leave. I’ve been feeling a little run down, a little low. I thought a long weekend with nothing planned would help.
What better way to start a day than with scrambled eggs made the Bill Granger way.
Yummy lowcarb perfect scrambled eggs breakfast
- 2 large free range eggs
- ⅓ cup of fresh cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- Butter (a good knob)
- Lamb fat
- Lamb pieces
- The lamb fat and lamb pieces come from a slowly roasted lamb shoulder from Sunday.
- I melted a little lamb fat in a fry pan and then browned off some lamb pieces.
- In a small bowl I added the eggs and cream and whisked with the salt until just combined. It’s important not to over do it.
- In a hot fry pan I melted the knob of butter ensuring it didn’t start browning.
- Add the egg and cream mix and allow to settle for about 20 seconds.
- With a wooden spoon gently stir into large folds allowing the liquid mixture to come in contact with the hot pan.
- Allow to set for another 20 seconds before a final gentle stir and then take the pan off the heat.
- Allow the egg/cream mix to set and continue cooking for about half a minute and then transfer to a plate.
- Plate up with the lamb and some avocado.
- Grind a good amount of black pepper.
- Photograph it and then enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Because I’m trying to lose weight I’ve been using the MyFitnessPal app. Here are the quantities I used this morning.
Two large free range eggs, ⅓ cup of cream, 61 g lamb, and 85 g avocado.
Let me know what you think as a comment below.
- Please follow me on Instagram.
- Please follow me on Facebook.
- Please follow me on twitter at garydlum or Yummy_Lummy.
I hope you’re well and eat yummy.
Images of yesterday’s slowly roasted shoulder of lamb.