I feel like I’m on a bit of a roll with short low carb recipe posts. Most of these are no brainers when it comes to putting together simple things but I figure there may be some people starting out low carbohydrate and if they search for recipes these posts may help with some easy ideas.
Lamb and avocado lettuce boat
I’m now keeping a supply of roast lamb shoulder in the refrigerator and freezer as a supply of protein.
What is difficult is the current cost of avocados. $AUD3.48 per avocado. I have to make each one count.
- Lamb 80 g
- Grape seed oil 10 mL
- Butter 10 g
- Avocado 80 g
- Cos lettuce 20 g
- Whole black pepper corns 1 teaspoon
- Chili flakes 1 teaspoon
- Tabasco sauce 5 mL
- Mince the lamb finely in a microblender with the grape seed oil plus some whole black pepper corns.
- Heat gently in a fry pan with the butter.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and mix in the minced lamb along with the chili flakes and Tabasco sauce.
- Wash a cos lettuce leaf and air dry.
- Place the lamb and avocado mixture on the leaf and enjoy.