One of my favourite proteins is chicken thigh with the skin on. The local chicken shop in Belconnen sells quite large chicken thighs which are about three times the size of the thighs I can buy packaged in Coles.
Chicken and salad
- Chicken thigh
- Sweet potato
- Spring onion
- Cos lettuce
- Fried shallots
- Bring the chicken thigh to room temperature and rub in some olive oil plus a little freshly cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Put the chicken on a rack in a baking tray and place in an oven at 150 °C. Cook for about 1 hour.
- Cut the pumpkin and sweet potato into 1 cm cubes, rub in a little oil and on a baking tray cook in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked pull it out and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting prepare the salad.
- Thinly slice the cos lettuce, the spring onion and dice the cucumber.
- The tomatoes can be halved.
- Fried shallots can be tossed in with the pumpkin and sweet potato at the end.
Photograph and serve 🙂