After last night’s effort I was still feeling full at midnight. Yep, that was 400 grams of Australian Angus scotch fillet 😉
I did have skinless chicken thighs thawing in the refrigerator but on the way home I was thinking of fast food and takeaway. Well it’s difficult to do takeaway fast food when starting out on a low carbohydrate meal plan. As I was driving I thought I’d make myself a nude burger. I know that I could add some tomato and cucumber but by the time I got to the supermarket all I could think about was a cheese burger.
- 300 grams of regular mince
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of chill flakes
- 1 beaten egg
- Cos lettuce leaves
- Sliced coon cheese
- In a mixing bowl put all the ingredients together except for the lettuce and cheese. Mix well and squelch between your fingers and work the mince.
- Make the hamburgers to the size you like.
- Cook in a hot frypan and make sure it’s cooked through.
- Rest the hamburger for about 5 minutes.
So what do I mean by nude?
Wash and trim cos lettuce leaves and allow to dry
Two leaves per burger and two Coon slices per burger
Put the meat between two slices of coon which is between lettuce leaves. Enjoy the crispy leaves, the oozy cheese and the unctuousness of the spicy tasty meat.
Let me know what you think. Please leave a comment.
If you want to see more food images please visit my Instagram account.
Have fun and eat yummy