I have a friend at work who raves about Nando’s. More specifically she rates the Nando’s barbecue chicken ribs as amongst her favourite foods. Until we started having conversations about Nando’s I never knew you could buy chicken ribs. I’m not alone, according to my friend she asked a local butcher for some and was told such a cut doesn’t exist. After much protestation the butcher refused to believe. Since then another butcher, a more enlightened butcher has been found.
Bron and I wanted a quick meal and were pondering takeaway to eat by Lake Ginninderra or simply dining in house. As it turned out the evening was cooler and more windy than we anticipated. We ate in house at the Nando’s in the Westfield Belconnen.
We agreed on barbecue chicken ribs and barbecue chicken thighs with a Mediterranean salad.
All in all it wasn’t a bad meal. If I go back I may just have a couple of plates of thighs and some coleslaw. The thighs were more tender and moist than the ribs.
On the walk home we saw this.
A final thought for the day.
- The Boy Cooks Nando’s Dinner (peregrinedruid.wordpress.com)
- Images of food and Lake Ginninderra (yummylummy.com)
- Saturday Lunch, Nandos and Stock (healthyeatingcrossfitter.wordpress.com)
- Nando’s offers ‘Boneless Chicken, Spineless Congress’ deal (washingtonpost.com)
- Turkish Adana Kebab House, Belconnen (yummylummy.com)
- Nando’s (theporcelaingentleman.com)
- Popular Types of Barbecued Chicken (barbecue.answers.com)
- Piri Piri Chicken (angsarap.net)