On Saturday night Bron invited me over for a special dinner and Game of Thrones evening. For fans of GOT, series 3, episode 9 is a stunner. You need a really good meal in your belly before watching this episode. Fantastic action and drama.
Bron began preparation for dinner early Saturday morning. It was going to be a slow cooker pulled pork made with coca cola and barbecue sauce.
Check out that yummy pork butt
In the afternoon Bron’s place smelt divine.
When it came time for dinner Bron pulled apart the pork and made a really nice coleslaw.
The buns were soft and fresh
This gives an impression of two each. Guess how many I ate?
The coleslaw was fresh and tasty
After eight or so hours of flavour development this is the pulled pork butt
I wish you could smell this
You have to use proper coca cola
We didn’t need butter for the bun, you should have seen the fat that came out of that pork butt
This is before squishing it down and chomping
At an angle
Barbecue sauce is a must have with this sandwich. Its smokiness really accentuates the flavours.
And to finish, Bron’s cookie and cream cheesecake
Oh Game of Thrones. We love it.
- Dinner at Eat 86 | @eat86 @EatShootBlog @hercanberra (yummylummy.com)
- Introducing the Sandwich of the Month series with a classic – pulled pork! (chezsasha.com)
- Hickory River Smokehouse, Inc. Launches Comprehensive New Website (prweb.com)
- Szechuan Peppercorn Pulled Pork (jeffparkercooks.com)
- Pulled Pork Spring Rolls With Mango Salsa and Chili-Lime Aioli (soulofachef1.wordpress.com)