It’s been a busy working week but it’s also been a good cooking week. It’s not as cold as most May days are in Canberra but even so I’ve had the heater on in the morning and evening.
You can see it hasn’t been too cold, well 2.4 °C isn’t cold for Canberra at the start of the working day.
I’ve been cutting back on my lunches and eating some Strasbourg and coon cheese
Monday night I experimented with some roasted pumpkin and sweet potato and had it with salmon
Cold enough for hot chocolate. This is the mug Miss16 got me when she was Miss14 and visited the US while on a gymnastics tour.
Tuesday morning I dipped into the “Shelf of Shame” and plucked out a tin of corned beef. Bron calls it the “Shelf of Shame” because it contains “Gary food”. It has Polish sauerkraut, a big bottle of anchovies, tins of SPAM and tins of corned beef. Even though I made hashed corned beef from scratch recently I’m not ashamed to buy, cook and eat tinned corned beef.
With a small amount of corned beef which I fried up I made a corned beef omelet
The egg layer was a little thin
Tuesday night was another salmon and vegetable effort
On Wednesday morning I perfected the corned beef omelet. This was delicious. Two types of cheese, viz., Gruyere and Coon plus lots of parsley and the fried up corned beef.
Wednesday lunch was meant to be at a meeting but it finished early so I bought some yoghurt with muesli
Bron came over for dinner on Wednesday night so as soon as I got home I prepped some salmon
Bron brought over some beetroot relish that she’d made
As a result of a job well done Bron’s boss gave her a gift of salted caramels which she shared with me 🙂
If you’re Canberra based these can be bought at The Essential Ingredient in Kingston http://www.essentialingredient.com.au/
Mmm…Thursday breakfast was indulgent. Avocado on toast and then a bowl of yoghurt.
It was a pretty dull overcast day this morning
The Culture Fragment in the Woden Wind Tunnel
Okay this caramel slice at work isn’t help my weight loss desire lol
Bron came over tonight and brought some lamb cutlets with her as well as some asparagus
I focused again on Bron’s homemade beetroot relish rather than the nicely cooked lamb cutlets
- My take on corned beef | Avoiding the canned stuff (yummylummy.com)
- Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage (spoonful.com)
- Irish Crockpot Corned Beef & Cabbage (countessnikki.wordpress.com)
- Dinner at Eat 86 | @eat86 @EatShootBlog @hercanberra (yummylummy.com)
- Quick and Easy Brine for Corned Beef (cooking.answers.com)
- Tammy’s Corned Beef Cabbage Casserole (spoonful.com)
- Corned Beef Hash (angsarap.net)
- Curley’s Baked Corned Beef (lmcurley.wordpress.com)
- Corned Beef with White Onion Sauce (angsarap.net)
- Corned Beef and Sweet Potato Hash (fitfearlessly.com)