So the other night I was wondering what to make for dinner. I was pretty uninspired. I went to the supermarket after work and looked for some meat. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money and I wanted something simple. I noticed some mince on special. It was beef mince, regular grind, not labelled lean 🙂 It was going for $3.
I mixed the mince with a beaten egg, some cubed Harvati cheese, a little olive oil, some coarsely ground pepper and dried herbs. I flattened the mince out onto some baking paper onto a fry pan. I covered with some finely cut parsley and then covered with aluminium foil before placing into an oven set at 150 °C for 45 minutes.
After 45 minutes I removed the foil added some tomato, curry powder and vegetables to the top and then put it back into the oven for 15 minutes and turned the heat up to 200 °C.
This is how it looked
I pulled it out of the oven and rested it for 5 minutes before transferring it to a plate and then eating.
So basically it’s a big ground beef burger without bread.
What would you call it? Does this already have a name that I don’t know about?
- Cheese-stuffed Meat Loaf (spoonful.com)
- Moussaka (hellohungryones.wordpress.com)
- Spaghetti with Meatballs (or the other way around) (kingvader14food.wordpress.com)
- Eggplant and Minced Beef Stir-Fry (dailyezcooking.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Green Pepper (spoonful.com)
- Stuffed Aubergine with Beef Mince (lchfchallenge.wordpress.com)
- Mexican Turkey Meatballs (alillesssugar.com)
- Finnish Macaroni Casserole (czosnekipieprz.wordpress.com)