What is this called?

So the other night I was wondering what to make for dinner. I was pretty uninspired. I went to the supermarket after work and looked for some meat. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money and I wanted something simple. I noticed some mince on special. It was beef mince, regular grind, not labelled lean 🙂 It was going for $3.

I mixed the mince with a beaten egg, some cubed Harvati cheese, a little olive oil, some coarsely ground pepper and dried herbs. I flattened the mince out onto some baking paper onto a fry pan. I covered with some finely cut parsley and then covered with aluminium foil before placing into an oven set at 150 °C for 45 minutes.

After 45 minutes I removed the foil added some tomato, curry powder and vegetables to the top and then put it back into the oven for 15 minutes and turned the heat up to 200 °C.

This is how it looked

#dinner beef platter #yummy

A post shared by Gary Lum (@garydlum) on

I pulled it out of the oven and rested it for 5 minutes before transferring it to a plate and then eating.

So basically it’s a big ground beef burger without bread.

What would you call it? Does this already have a name that I don’t know about?


13 thoughts on “What is this called?

  1. Pingback: What’s happened this week food wise? | Spam spam and more spam | Chairman and Yip | Yummy Lummy

  2. It looks good and should taste good too. I suggest you own this recipe before somebody else does. How about Gary’s Minced Beef Frittata with Mixed Vegetables?

Please tell me what you think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s