For the last week I’ve been eating more meals as wraps. My week in Instagram shows it in graphic detail 🙂 I’m not sure why I’ve turned to wraps this week. Instagram followers will be familiar with my love of the Mavi Breakfast Wrap over the last 18 months.
On Thursday night I enjoyed an Elite Meats Black Angus and Burgundy sausage wrap
The sausage wrap was followed on Friday morning with a Mavi Breakfast wrap
In between Hilah Johnson from Hilah Cooking posted a video on a Smoked Sausage Wrap
I decided on Friday I was so going to make a version of Hilah’s sausage wrap because my version from Thursday night was crap in comparison. I split my snag and added onion.
On Sunday night I made a chicken and onion wrap
I did the onions in the afternoon. I needed three large brown onions, a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of brown sugar and a two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. I spent about an hour softening the onions with the oil and a good pinch of salt. I then added the sugar and vinegar and stirred regularly for another hour. It turned into a lovely gooey mess of happiness. I also added a little curry powder and smoked paprika for flavour.
On Monday evening Bron came over for dinner and inspired by Hilah I made a sausage and onion wrap.
Bron brought over some caramelised onion she bought at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. I cooked the sausages like Hilah did in her video and made the wrap. The bread I bought even came with little paper pocket bags.
The best part of the evening though was that Bron brought over some of her home made macarons and non-churn ice cream. The flavours were orange and cardamon and lemon curd ice creams. The macarons where chocolate with chocolate popping candy ganache and lemon curd.
This dessert was amazingly good. Bron is a genius in the kitchen and a genius in general (yes her IQ is off the charts)
- Lunch at Ricardo’s Cafe | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- Sanur’s | Max Brenner | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- Rockpool on George | #ManFlu | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- My week in Instagram | Different foods | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- My Easter | #ManFlu | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- 2 Yummy in Belconnen | Not 2 Yummy for Lummy Yummy | Laksa and Duck | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- Chicken rissoles | Elite Meats @2CC | #bestblogs13 | The Castle (garydavidlum.com)
- My prize meat tray | Thank you @2CC and Elite Meats | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- Third Time Lucky…….#bestblogs13 (duffythewriter.wordpress.com)
- Sausage wrapped in dough (stormofflavors.wordpress.com)