2CC is a talkback station with a fairly balanced political position. It takes programming from Sydney and Melbourne which is mostly just right of centre and it has two local announcers/broadcasters for the breakfast (Mark Parton) and afternoon (Mike Welsh) drive programs who balance each other out.
These images were taken from the 2CC website (see below)
On the day I won the meat, the “best of” topic was public art. Canberra has a significant recent history in terms of the public debate on public art. There are a good many residents who think the ACT Government has wasted vast amounts of tax payers money on what many regard as monstrosities and hideous insights into warped imaginations.
I’ve always thought a city, especially a national capital should be replete with public art. I really like the public art in Canberra and my favourite is the Owl Statue on the T-junction of Belconnen Way and Benjamin Way.
The Owl Statue
Okay enough images of Mr Owl
Here is the meat I acquired this morning
Bron and I went to Elite Meats in Kippax Fair in Holt and looked over the butcher’s shop. The butcher who looked after us was very friendly and very helpful. I’m pretty sure I’ll go back there to buy more meat. Over time I’m bound to post images from this selection of meat 🙂
Thank you 2CC and Elite Meats for the meat tray.
Please consider voting for me
Elite Meats is at Shop 12 Kippax Fair http://www.kippaxfair.com.au/Page1_storemap.html
Google maps http://goo.gl/maps/rChyl
- My week in Instagram and I won $50 of meat. Shout out @2CC and Elite Meats Canberra (garydavidlum.com)
- My Easter | #ManFlu | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- Rockpool on George | #ManFlu | #bestblogs13 (garydavidlum.com)
- Third Time Lucky…….#bestblogs13 (duffythewriter.wordpress.com)
- Thai to die for | The best Canberra restaurant experience in some time (garydavidlum.com)