Today I worked from home. I had a few personal matters to handle. It was easier to be away from work. I work with a great team.
For lunch I reheated a vegetable curry and served it with noodles.
For dinner I had a couple of skinless chicken thighs and some spuds. I decided to crumb the chicken and mash the spuds. I mashed the spuds in my trusty potato ricer.
For the crumb I used a couple of pieces of Helga’s pumpkin seed bread, some Spike, mixed herbs and Madras curry powder. I used the traditional flour, egg and crumb technique.
I shallow fried the chicken and had some flour, egg and crumb leftover so I thought perhaps I can also crumb the asparagus and broccolini. The carrots were steamed and topped with honey. And because I’m me, I added a little Hass avocado.
It was delicious.
- Chicken Fried Chicken w/ White Peppered Gravy, Blackeye Peas, Mashed Potatoes (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes (answers.com)
- Chicken Fried Chicken (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- New and Improved Frozen Food: Chicken Nuggets! (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Moroccan Chicken Nuggets (fingerforkknife.wordpress.com)
- Spudtastic! 7-Eleven vending machine dispenses mashed potato and gravy (digitaltrends.com)
- The Theology of Instant or Real Potatoes (jamespoitras.com)
- Why are Potatoes Called “Spuds”? (todayifoundout.com)
- Mr. Miller and The Pickle – Part 1 (arwalther.wordpress.com)