After such a big weekend in food and a long day at work I thought something simple was needed. Then I remembered I still had some Zymil lactose-free gluten-free light cream in the refrigerator. I had opened it early last week and I needed to get one more use out of the small bottle. On the way home I bought a couple of spuds and thought salmon on a bed of mash with some veges. Bron regularly mentions the lack of greens on my plate so I steamed some asparagus and broccolini as greens. I also steamed some carrot and added some honey after it was soft and tender. The honey is important because when it is warm it’s runny and along with some of the water from the carrot I used it for the honey soy sauce at the end.
I love my potato ricer. It is such a neat invention and makes such great mash. I boiled two spuds and put them through my ricer and added a dollop of cream plus a tablespoon of Dijon mustard and a teaspoon of garlic from a bottle of raw garlic. This was stirred in along with some finely sliced spring onion and some salt and pepper.
After pan frying the salmon and making sure the skin was crispy I added the honey juice from the carrot to the fry pan and then a dash of soy. I reduced this a little and spooned the sauce over the salmon.
The result was a delicious meal of salmon, mash, greens and carrot.
- Talking About a Soy Sauce Revolution… (diykoreanfood.com)
- Poached Soy Salmon (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Foodie Interview with Kate Olsson (pipandwillow.wordpress.com)
- Honey Chicken (or Chicken, Honey!) (yestersdinner.wordpress.com)
- Recipe of the Day: Sesame Seed-Crusted Salmon Burger with Yogurt Sauce (news.health.com)
- Honey-Soy Salmon, Coconut + Crispy Kale Tacos (fingerforkknife.wordpress.com)
- Honey Salmon, Honey Drinks & Honey Fruit Salad | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Probably the yummiest salmon noodles you will ever eat. (springjumps.com)
- Honey soy sauce chicken drumsticks (snixykitchen.com)
- Smoked Salmon Quiche (thekartchronicles.wordpress.com)