I had hoped this Olympics I’d take more time and watch more of the coverage and enjoy the sport. So far that hasn’t happened. Other things have got in the way like just being too tired to bother. Instead, I’ve been listening to the coverage on the radio while in bed (yeah I know, that’s not going to help my tiredness). The television coverage from Channel Nine has been as expected, i.e., parochial, disjointed and riddled with advertising. The radio coverage has been good but mainly because of the sporting experts accompanying the sports broadcasters who have been boorish.
Yesterday morning I had a simple breakfast with avocado on toast and coffee.
I love a nice firm Hass avocado on toast. Unfortunately when I did the grocery shopping yesterday, the local Coles had run out of the Hass variety and only had Reed avocados. I found a site at http://www.avocado.org.au/foodservice/australianGrown/common_australian_grown_varieties.aspx which describes the difference. I’m hoping the Reed variety are okay. I’m waiting for them to ripen before I try them.
I spent most of the day washing, cleaning and vacuuming and also did some exercising by going for a walk. The weather was pretty good yesterday. While it was overcast it wasn’t as cold as it could have been.
Lunch was a simple omelet with spinach (inside) on toast.
The main course was lamb on a skewer with haloumi cheese, and capsicum served on flat bread with aioli and asparagus. It was delicious especially when the eating it like a big sandwich. The bread soaked up the extra aioli and was like having two meals in one.
For dessert Bron made two different meringue creations. The first was banana and caramel and the other was cherry chocolate. These were very rich. They tasted wonderful. I am seriously spoilt by Bron.
For breakfast this morning Bron made an amazing baked egg in risotto with pancetta. The image doesn’t do it justice. It was amazing with sourdough toast dipped into the runny egg yolk. I am very spoilt.
I spent most of today at work. Not the ideal way to spend a Sunday but necessary to keep on top of things. Along with some fruit that I brought along with me I needed a sugar and caffeine hit late in the morning.
For dinner I made salmon again and put together some left over mince and cauliflower to make a I don’t know what to call it. It tasted okay. In fact it tasted pretty good.
I hope you have a great week. Take care.
- How to Eat Hass Avocados (avocadocentral.com)
- Hass Avocado Recipes (avocadocentral.com)
- Olympic Games welcomes Usain Bolt to London (itv.com)
- Pick & Buy Hass Avocados (avocadocentral.com)
- Olympic champion: ‘We just won the Olympics!’ (itv.com)
- Olympics and Social Media: The View From London (mashable.com)
- Wi-Fi Police at Olympic Games? LOCOG says no (pocket-lint.com)
- ‘Social Olympics’: Officials ask Londoners to go easy tweeting and texting (nextlevelofnews.com)
- What’s in the Water? Chinese Girl Faster Than Lochte (abcnews.go.com)
- The London Olympic Games 2012 opening ceremony, dinner with friends and pondering one’s mortality. (garydavidlum.com)
- Subway’s Mysterious Olympic Avocado Graph Explained [London Olympics] (gawker.com)