Wow what a dinner we had this evening. Bron out did herself. This morning we went to Costco with the aim of getting some King crab. During the Summer, Costco has a pavilion set up for seafood. It looks like in the Winter this is not the case. We ended up finding some Alaskan King crab in the frozen food section of Costco.
When I got to Bron’s place this afternoon she was in the midst of macaron manufacture.
These are a jaffa flavour.
There is also some cointreau in the ganache.
You can find the twitpic link at https://twitter.com/bron99/status/226597992789065728/photo/1
For dessert Bron made a chocolate meringue layered with orange chocolate ganache topped with cream and raspberries.
After dessert I was still feeling peckish so had the last of the salted caramel chocolate Bron had made plus a macaron.
I now feel full and have strong garlic breath from the aioli.
- 10 Irresistible Paris Pastries (and where to eat them) (theflyingfugu.com)
- macarons part two (ovenloven.wordpress.com)
- The beauty of chocolate ganache (edibletimes.com)
- Macarons (frostedcookie.wordpress.com)
- French Macarons: Part 3, Fillings (nickmalgieri.typepad.com)
- Mary Berry’s Hazelnut Meringue Cake (underthebluegumtree.com)
- Best meal ever and #StateofOrigin Game 2 (garydavidlum.com)
- Bel Cafe – Has Maple Bacon Macarons (foodpersuasion.com)