Okay it’s a bit more than the weekend. On returning to Canberra I caught up with Bron and we had dinner at the Canberra Southern Cross Club (Jamison) on Wednesday night. I had my usual scotch fillet steak with calamari and prawns. You’ll notice a jug of pepper sauce as well as a jug of Béarnaise (because that’s how I roll).
On Thursday morning Bron made Cinnabon for her work mates. I got to have two for breakfast (lucky me).
On Thursday evening Bron made an aubergine curry. It was delicious.
On Friday morning we had a Mavi breakfast wrap. I love these. They are bacon, egg, hash brown, mushrooms and barbecue sauce rolled up in a flat bread and served with a medium coffee. Two of these cost $19 at Mavi in Phillip.
That evening we went to Kingsleys Steak and Crabhouse in Civic. I had a steak with WA marron which was delicious. The steak was extraordinarily tender even if it was a little medium rare rather than rare. The potato bake and beetroot salad were nice accompaniments.
For dessert we had caramel cheese cake with peanut brittle.
After dinner we went to Koko Black and I had hot chocolate.It was the nicest hot chocolate I’ve ever had.
Saturday morning came and I felt full from Friday night. I’m so grateful Bron was happy with making me a poached egg and avocado.
Last night Bron made a beef stew on mash with cabbage.
This morning we went to Urban Pantry for Brunch. I had the big breakfast which was nice but the poached eggs weren’t very good. The yolks were firm and not runny. This is a deal breaker. We won’t return.
Finally tonight I made myself some chicken with avocado, cabbage and onion.
So that’s my extended weekend in food. Good night. I’ll catch you all through the week.
- Unlike @bron99 I cannot poach an egg to save myself (garydavidlum.com)
- Scotch fillet steak with onion, sweet potato, peas and corn (garydavidlum.com)
- Scotch fillet steak take two (garydavidlum.com)
- What happened to Pizzazz in Kingston? Discovering Urban Pantry (garydavidlum.com)
- Phil’s breakfast recipe – chilli infused poached eggs and chunky guacamole on rye bread (employmentlawupdate.wordpress.com)
- I Couldn’t Resist (hbabs.wordpress.com)
- Seasalt Dining for Sunday breakfast (garydavidlum.com)
- How to cook the perfect steak (guardian.co.uk)
- Flank steak with 5 spice rub and sesame/soy sauce (culinaryengineering.me)
- Best meal ever and #StateofOrigin Game 2 (garydavidlum.com)
- Bambusa and my birthday dinner (garydavidlum.com)
- A big day for Chinese food | Noble Palace | Dumpling Inn (garydavidlum.com)
- Rama’s with friends (garydavidlum.com)