I am in Darwin. Darwin is where a good part of my spirit or soul or whatever lives. It’s a place I long for.
I’m here for a night for meetings earlier this afternoon and tomorrow morning.
Tonight I’m staying at SKYCITY hotel. I don’t normally stay here but it’s the only accommodation I could get. We have V8 Supercars here this weekend and there is no other accommodation. This is not a bad place. My only disappointment is that it doesn’t have Channel 10 reception so I missed the Jamie Oliver appearance on MasterChefAU tonight.
The good thing about this hotel is complimentary wireless internet and air conditioning that doesn’t work which means I stay happily warm and moist.
Outside the hotel are a couple of V8 Supercars. One is a Ford and the other is, well you know, the crapolden.
The beef burger was pretty good. It was a little too salty. I didn’t have the time to go to the wharf tonight like I usually do.
- V8 Supercars – Tim Slade Heads To Darwin Confident After Recent Podium (beyondtheredline.org)
- Arrived in Darwin – Darwin, Australia (travelpod.com)
- Top End-Darwin – Darwin, Australia (travelpod.com)
- My happy place (garydavidlum.com)
- We could live here – in the dry season – Darwin, Australia (travelpod.com)