Yesterday was a much better day at work compared to Wednesday. I woke up feeling ill with a sore throat and a headache yet I was euphoric because Queensland had defeated NSW in the first game of this year’s State of Origin series.
For lunch we went to the Noble Palace in Phillip. Seven of us enjoyed lunch to thank a dear work friend who had acted up for an extended period of time and performed superbly. We enjoyed Hong Kong roast duck, Crispy skin chicken and plum sauce, Sizzling Mongolian lamb, Peking shredded chilli beef, Pork fillet with chili lemon grass, and rice (I could have forgotten a dish). One of our party also had a vegetable and noodle dish which she generously shared. The Noble Palace is a well known Chinese restaurant in the Woden district and consistently produces high quality meals. They also do wonderful yum cha.
Last night Bron and I went to the Dumpling Inn for dinner. This Chinese restaurant is a fantastic suburban venue. It’s relatively small but like the Noble Palace consistently produces high quality food including yum cha on weekends. Last night we enjoyed duck pancakes and fried flounder with rice.
After dinner we had dessert at Bron’s. This was some leftover vanilla cheesecake with salted caramel sauce and berries.
Because I can’t help myself I’ll share an image from a friend at work from today.
- Yum Cha Heaven (kaffeinate.com)
- Cheesecake returns (garydavidlum.com)
- Chong Co Thai Restaurant and Max Brenner (garydavidlum.com)
- VIDEO: Steve Price looks at State of Origin series (3news.co.nz)
- Three strikes and you’re (almost) out Lemon Grass Woden (garydavidlum.com)
- Big day and a big result and shout out to @phonakins (#QUEENSLANDER #StateofOrigin) (garydavidlum.com)
- New South Wales 10-18 Queensland | State of Origin match report (guardian.co.uk)
- State of Origin by the numbers (abc.net.au)
- State of Origin: Game 1 video highlights and breakdown (3news.co.nz)