Today was huge with back to back meetings all day. I did an hour session on record management systems and came back to the office to be greeted with cake. Readers who follow me on instagram will know I regularly post photographs of cakes and biscuits that work mates make and bring in to work. It makes for a wonderful work environment.
During the training session I answered some questions and received chocolates 🙂
Tonight is the first of three State of Origin games. As I was driving away from work I thought about dinner. It needed to be a footy dinner. Hamburger I thought and hamburger is what I made. For readers who don’t know me, I’m a convinced and convicted Queenslander, that is, I am passionate about Queensland the greatest state in Australia; and Rugby League the greatest game of all; and State of Origin, the greatest sporting contest known.
I checked my e-mail and discovered I’d won a prize. On 16 May @phonakins at littlelioness.net posted on her blog a competition to win a Red Rock Deli Corn Chips hamper. The request for the competition was to let Fiona know in the comments your ideal corn chip and dip combination (fantasy or reality) and why they go so well. I answered, “I want a sweet corn chip coated in icing sugar that can be used to scoop up thickened chocolate sauce or melted chocolate and then eaten whole, that is a chocolate corn chip slam 😉 Perhaps then http://wayfaringchocolate.com/ can review.“Thank you very much Fiona. Much appreciated 🙂
So I better show images of my hamburger.
And to all my friends and family who support New South Wales and the Blues, I’m sorry if you find me offensive on nights like tonight.
For readers not familiar with State of Origin rugby league history. Queenslanders (Maroons pronounced marones) are known as the cane toads (Buffo marinus) and NSW (Blues) are cockroaches. These are affectionate terms of endearment. As they say, State of Origin is mate against mate, state against state. For those interested, it was Kangaroo great Barry (garbo) Muir who coached the Queensland side from 1974 to 1978 (two years prior to the adoption of Origin selection criteria) and during this time Muir coined the term “cockroaches”, the descriptor of the New South Wales rugby league team still used by the Queenslanders.
In the end, Queensland defeated NSW 18 to 10. There was a very poor decision that resulted in a Queensland try in the last ten minutes that soured the victory. But as they say, a win is a win. I will attend work tomorrow a happy Queenslander.
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallows – “Smore’s Pops” (teacher-chef.com)
- Chocolate Cake (callmeabs85.wordpress.com)
- Delicious Dippers (fonduepartyfun.wordpress.com)
- Oh My! Whoopie Pie! (thesecretlifeofmrsbundt.wordpress.com)
- cake batter white chocolate fudge. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- The League Fix, episode 13: State of Origin preview (3news.co.nz)
- My first Wagyu beef cooking experience (garydavidlum.com)
- VIDEO: Steve Price looks at State of Origin series (3news.co.nz)
- My weekend in food while in Brisbane (garydavidlum.com)
- %%%%State of origin 2012 Rugby Live NRL Streaming online Etihad Stadium game (livesportstoday.net)
- $$%State of origin 2012 Rugby Live NRL Streaming online Etihad Stadium game (livesportstoday.net)
- ####State of origin 2012 Rugby Live NRL Streaming online Etihad Stadium game (livesportstoday.net)
- @@@@State of origin 2012 Rugby Live NRL Streaming online Etihad Stadium game (livesportstoday.net)