It seems wrong that soon after Christmas supermarkets in Australia start to stock and sell Hot Cross Buns on their shelves. I always thought of them as special and specifically for Good Friday. I’ve resisted the temptation to buy and eat them whenever, mostly because I don’t need the added carbohydrate load.
They are best (in my humble opinion) served warm from an oven and with real butter. Margarine just doesn’t seem to be right.
Bron had two different sorts. Both were nice. As you can see I had buns with my butter 🙂
- Hot Cross Buns (caiteile.com)
- The History of the Hot Cross Bun (caiteile.com)
- Buns and eggs … and so it is Easter! (rgrull.wordpress.com)
- Hot Cross Buns (longamericanholiday.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Hot Cross Buns (learntobake.wordpress.com)
- Because Kneading Dough is a Pain in the Behind : Easter Bun Cupcakes (chaoticallyme.com)