Would you believe I’ve never made a pie. I know I’ve eaten hundreds of pies. When I was at school there was a year when I think I ate a cottage pie every day from the tuck shop in addition to the lunch Mum made me.
Tonight I had some chicken, some sweet potato, some cheese, a packet of French onion soup and some puff pastry. I didn’t blind bake or do anything like that. I was hungry when I came home from work and just put the pastry in a lined glass oven proof dish. I browned some diced chicken, grated some sweet potato and cheese and then covered with some cream that had been whisked with an egg and the contents of a French onion cup-of-soup packet.
The ‘thing’ looked hideous as it cooked.
Of course I had to finish with ice cream.
All in all it looked bad but tasted great.
- Baked salmon and then a little ice cream (garydavidlum.com)
- A Health(ier) spin on Fisherman’s Pie (mangiastp.wordpress.com)
- Picnic lunch and then sausage rolls (garydavidlum.com)
- Chicken and Leek Pie (mizrhi.wordpress.com)
- Best Pie Recipes & Pie Contest (williams-sonoma.com)
- The Cake is a Pie (tgipaleo.com)
- Cottage Pie with Cauliflower Mash (trulyglutenfree.co.uk)
- Back into the kitchen (thewildtribe.wordpress.com)
- Love, pie (scrumptiousgruel.wordpress.com)
- Dad can cook (cseek.wordpress.com)
- Low Carb Cottage Pie (thegourmandmom.com)
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie (spicesandspackle.com)