I had another big day at work. I wanted something I could cook while continuing to work from home. I still have a teleconference tonight at midnight so I didn’t want to muck around a lot.
I chose a small piece of belly pork, a small sweet potato and an avocado. I turned the sweet potato into a mash with butter and Gorgonzola cheese. I scored the pork with a sharp knife and rubbed in salt, a little sugar and some pepper.
Gorgonzola and sweet potato used to make a mash.
This was not a low calorie meal. I do like butter.
Out of the oven the pork rind was crispy.
Plated up with the pork on the sweet potato mash and the two halves of an avocado. I like pepper, chili flakes and Tabasco sauce.
The mash was thick and smooth and tasting like cheese. The flesh of the pork was tender and juicy and full of nice fatty flavour.
- Oven Roasted Pork Belly (jensfreshandfabulous.com)
- Humba or Braised Pork Belly (luckymom2009.wordpress.com)
- Pork Belly Dumplings (foxnews.com)
- Recipe: Warm Lentil and Smoked Pork Belly Salad – City Kitchen (nytimes.com)
- Food Review: All Pork Belly Restaurant With Long And Hard To Pronounce Name, Someplace, Koreatown (losanjealous.com)
- Sweet Potato Biscuits (mistakenmama.com)
- Great pork dish! (cookingandmyfamily.wordpress.com)