For the last few years I’ve visited my girls the week before Christmas to spend the weekend and have our own special Christmas. It also coincides with my Mum’s birthday so it’s a joint celebration.
This year my youngest brother, Mr40 decided to make wonton soup for an entrée. Mr40 prides himself on this wonton soup however, we discovered he doesn’t follow Mum’s recipe to the letter. He doesn’t slap the pork mince. For more information check out My Mum’s wonton recipe and read what I’m talking about.
It was pretty good.
Lunch was pretty good. In the morning I went out and bought prawns (tigers and kings) and then peeled them. Mum roasted chickens, made a potato bake, coleslaw, devilled eggs and a fantastic stuffing.
For dessert Mum made a sunken orange cake with a lovely orange sauce and ice cream.
You would think we couldn’t eat dinner. Well you’d be wrong.
This was then followed with rocky road made by Mr40’s wife.
After digesting dinner we slept and then woke this morning to Mum breakfast of French toast, bacon and scrambled eggs.
- Friday Favorite’s…The Walking Dead and Wonton Soup (kiariddicktaylor.com)
- Spinach Wonton Ravioli with Alfredo (tofuparty.wordpress.com)
- imabonehead: Sichuan Red Oil Wontons (Wontons in Chili Oil) | Easy Asian Recipes at RasaMalaysia.com (rasamalaysia.com)
- imabonehead: Vegan dumpling – Crispy Cabbage Wontons | Calm Mind Busy Body (calmmindbusybody.com)
- GIF: This Isn’t My Wonton Soup… (icanhascheezburger.com)
- Asian-Inspired Petite Pies – The Baked Pumpkin Wontons Represent Culinary Fusion at its Finest (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Culinary Experiment #1: Peach Wontons (anitamgeorge.wordpress.com)
- Chefs Gallery, Sydney (dbites.wordpress.com)
- “I don’t know what to do about Christmas!” (debpentland.wordpress.com)
- What Makes My Christmas (kelsifarrington.wordpress.com)
- A Christmas I’ll Never Forget (thriftysocialworker.com)